In 8 riding days, I rode 368 miles with 30,578 feet of climbing. I had a great time riding in Slovenia & Croatia this week, and I highly recommend Far & Away to folks who like low-frills traveling and lots of climbs.
Some things I learned this week:
- Churches are often on top of a hill. Makes for very scenic pictures.
- It’s not just the mileage or the number of feet climbed, the gradient along the way can also soften your legs.
- The climbing here can be like Austin hills, except they don't stop for miles. However, even a quarter mile can still be a long way to climb.
- The percentage, switchback, and snowflake signs mean more pain and suffering to come.
- The “right way” usually involves a climb.
- Here, people don't create the segments - Strava creates them for you.